The Republic of Living in the Dark
“We Will Endure”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Location: Adorable Kittens
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Republic of Living in the Dark is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its ban on automobiles, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 4.075 billion Living in the Darkians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 53.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Living in the Darkian economy, worth 129 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 31,729 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government popup ads are springing up like weeds, many feel that the government's ban on cars to combat reckless driving was "a tad excessive", plain-clothes police officers follow Dàguó tourists everywhere they go, and the nation's atlases tend to go out of date every few weeks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Living in the Dark's national animal is the kangaroo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Living in the Dark's influence in Adorable Kittens rose from "Dealmaker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Living in the Dark's influence in Adorable Kittens rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Living in the Dark's influence in Adorable Kittens rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Living in the Dark's influence in Adorable Kittens rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Living in the Dark's influence in Adorable Kittens rose from "Ambassador" to "Negotiator".
- : Living in the Dark's influence in Adorable Kittens fell from "Negotiator" to "Ambassador".
- : Living in the Dark resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Living in the Dark abolished the regional flag of Adorable Kittens.
- : Living in the Dark updated the World Factbook entry in Adorable Kittens.
- : Living in the Dark became WA Delegate of Adorable Kittens.