The New Canterlot Republic of Littlepip
“Littlepip is best pony.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Location: The Trunk of a Pontiac Tempest
Regional Influence: Squire
The New Canterlot Republic of Littlepip is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and notable for its smutty television, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 16.935 billion Equestrians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shattered Hoof Ridge. The average income tax rate is 81.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Republican economy, worth a remarkable 1,565 trillion solarbits a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Average income is 92,434 solarbits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Whenever pilots have to bail out the government bails out their company, politicians stage photo ops featuring barely functional fighter jets, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common, and RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Littlepip's national animal is the bloodwing, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Littlepip was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Littlepip was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans and Most Inclusive.
- : Littlepip's influence in The Trunk of a Pontiac Tempest rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Littlepip relocated from Christmas to The Trunk of a Pontiac Tempest.
- : Littlepip resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Littlepip's influence in Christmas rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Littlepip was endorsed by The Mammoth Migration Center of Bispebjerg.
- : Littlepip endorsed The Carolling Colony of GoodKingWenceslas.
- : Littlepip relocated from Artificial Solar System to Christmas.
- : Littlepip was endorsed by The Protectorate of SwordandShield5.