The Republic of Light104
“You Can't Stop Progress”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The Falstife Region
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Republic of Light104 is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed population of 468 million Light104ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 18.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Light104ian economy, worth 20.3 trillion kronor a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Gambling, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 43,428 kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Light104's national animal is the beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Light104's influence in The Falstife Region rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Light104's influence in The Falstife Region rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Light104's influence in The Falstife Region rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Light104's influence in The Falstife Region rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Light104 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Light104's influence in The Falstife Region rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Light104 relocated from Devide by Zero to The Falstife Region.
- : Light104 endorsed The Republic of I Think A No I Mean A Yes.
- : Light104 was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Light104 relocated from The North Pacific to Devide by Zero.