The Democratic States of Lexxon
“Leading the Lexxonian Dream, One step at a Time.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: United Kingdom
Regional Influence: Squire
The Democratic States of Lexxon is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its digital currency, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 536 million Lexxonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Amaxon City. The average income tax rate is 51.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Lexxonian economy, worth 49.0 trillion E Coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 91,450 E Coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mechanics are often exhausted by their work, the new iVote app allows representatives to vote on legislation by launching ill-tempered birds and matching candies, hordes of faceless civil servants are running cities, and genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lexxon's national animal is the German Shepard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lexxon was endorsed by The Kingdom of Baltree 2.
- : Following new legislation in Lexxon, genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons.
- : Following new legislation in Lexxon, hordes of faceless civil servants are running cities.
- : Lexxon was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Lexxon, the new iVote app allows representatives to vote on legislation by launching ill-tempered birds and matching candies.
- : Following new legislation in Lexxon, mechanics are often exhausted by their work.
- : Following new legislation in Lexxon, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have.
- : Following new legislation in Lexxon, in musicals everybody's a little bit racist.
- : Following new legislation in Lexxon, the government has spent days debating the merits of a petition calling for a ban on sporks.
- : Following new legislation in Lexxon, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Libertania123, Silent Imperium, Bingsearching, Armley, United Nationalist Republic, Elgoriath, Greater North American Confederacy, Akritir, The Anaerobic Republic, Ynys Dywyll, Lancashia, Mast Clorso, Sialked, West Sunterland, South Boston Irishmen, Gamez Kingdom of England and Scotland, and Baltree 2.