The Kingdom of Legionas
“In Varietate Concordia”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Kingdom of Legionas is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by King Alexander II with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, ritual sacrifices, and otherworldly petting zoo. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 6.645 billion Legionites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aunistria. The average income tax rate is 82.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Legionasian economy, worth a remarkable 1,197 trillion Aureuses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 180,281 Aureuses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Patriots insist that size does matter, airport announcements inform passengers that flights have been delayed because pilots are having afternoon naps, home renovation shows are increasingly popular, and it's not just poseurs who wear oversized sound-cancelling headphones as they walk the city streets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Legionas's national animal is the Legionite Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Legionas's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Legionas altered its national flag.
- : Legionas's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Legionas's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Legionas's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Legionas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Legionas was refounded in Balder.
- : Legionas ceased to exist in International Democratic Union.
- : Legionas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Legionas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.