The Dominion of Legada
“For good, against oppression”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Envoy
The Dominion of Legada is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. The quiet, industrious population of 770 million Legadans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 35.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Legadan economy, worth 28.0 trillion New Ryccian Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Information Technology, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 36,349 New Ryccian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Harry Potter books are banned, the government baselessly accuses foreign dignitaries of being assassins, organ donation is compulsory, and families returning from international vacations are unable to get their children back into the country. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Legada's national animal is the Wild Bunny.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Legada resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Legada's influence in Worms rose from "Zero" to "Envoy".
- : Legada was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Legada relocated from Belisa to Worms.
- : Legada endorsed The Empire of Masterful Power.
- : Legada endorsed The Republic of Quebecshire XXX.
- : Legada endorsed The Hundred Oaker Wood of Oaks 33.
- : Legada endorsed The Spell of Flame Blast.
- : Legada was endorsed by The Empire of Masterful Power.
- : Legada was endorsed by The Republic of Quebecshire XXX.