The Eternal Dread Empire of Lederland
“Volo. Accipere. Habet.”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Squire
The Eternal Dread Empire of Lederland is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by The Dread Eternal Emperor with an iron fist, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, digital currency, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 22.715 billion Lederlandians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Industry and Education also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of City of the Dread Throne. The average income tax rate is 96.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Lederlandian economy, worth an astonishing 12,045 trillion Imperial Credits a year, is fairly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is a breathtaking 530,303 Imperial Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Deceased politicians' MyFace profiles are unanimously pro-incumbent, drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web, advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines, and political activists are routinely executed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Lederland's national animal is the Human, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lederland, political activists are routinely executed.
- : Lederland endorsed The Inhospitable Ski Slopes of Agalaesia.
- : Following new legislation in Lederland, advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines.
- : Lederland was endorsed by The Inhospitable Ski Slopes of Agalaesia.
- : Following new legislation in Lederland, drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web.
- : Following new legislation in Lederland, deceased politicians' MyFace profiles are unanimously pro-incumbent.
- : Lederland was endorsed by The Prettiest Nation in TRR of Miss Hungary.
- : Following new legislation in Lederland, pareidolic SETI scientists swear there's a message from aliens hidden within pi.
- : Following new legislation in Lederland, promising seven years of bad luck leads to seven years of community service.
- : Lederland was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
Endorsements Received: 34 » Zavea, Farrakhan, Unibot III, Aggro, Perfect Sublime Masters, Collosuss, Emeseses, Arinteriswith, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Yoshiterra, Andromeda Islands, Rubian Empire, Florin, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, Panormia, Zerentopia, Razorback, FiTzGEraLdLAnD, Delight, Nation of Urie, Edgedgie, Kaiserreich Subreddit, Parx, The Horror Channel, Visionary Union, Makdon, TorNaGul, Chimes, Dyllypoly, Fauzjhia, Isles of Govia, Anarchisticstan, Miss Hungary, and Agalaesia.