The Eternal Dread Empire of Lederland
“Volo. Accipere. Habet.”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Squire
The Eternal Dread Empire of Lederland is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by The Dread Eternal Emperor with an iron fist, and remarkable for its digital currency, conspicuous electricity pylons, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 21.274 billion Lederlandians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Industry and Education also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of City of the Dread Throne. The average income tax rate is 95.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Lederlandian economy, worth an astonishing 11,325 trillion Imperial Credits a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is a breathtaking 532,345 Imperial Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Phone taps are frequently carried out by the police, defense lawyers suggestively note to juries how flagrantly happy victims were, short shrift is being given to applications for political asylum from illegal immigrants, and a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Lederland's national animal is the Human, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lederland, a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park.
- : Lederland was endorsed by The Federation of Ulslur.
- : Lederland endorsed The Lucky Question Mark﹖ of Makdon.
- : Lederland was endorsed by The Lucky Question Mark﹖ of Makdon.
- : Lederland was endorsed by The Republic of Zachriel.
- : Following new legislation in Lederland, short shrift is being given to applications for political asylum from illegal immigrants.
- : Lederland was endorsed by The Hellhole of Kaiserreich Subreddit.
- : Following new legislation in Lederland, defense lawyers suggestively note to juries how flagrantly happy victims were.
- : Following new legislation in Lederland, phone taps are frequently carried out by the police.
- : Following new legislation in Lederland, many friends and relatives of The Dread Eternal Emperor have been given ambassador jobs in tropical island nations.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Zavea, Farrakhan, Unibot III, Aggro, Perfect Sublime Masters, Collosuss, Emeseses, Franluxin, Arinteriswith, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Aqueira, Yoshiterra, Andromeda Islands, Rubian Empire, Florin, Doormat to the Lord, Aandruzognivia, Gozira, Volsar, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, Panormia, Zerentopia, Razorback, FiTzGEraLdLAnD, Delight, Greater Cesnica, Nation of Urie, Edgedgie, Mundanus, Alsakah, Black Hawk Raider Refugees, A Leaf on the Wind, United Libor Lefunkistan, Agua de Pelar Porco II, Kaiserreich Subreddit, Makdon, and Ulslur.