The Democratic Republic of Las Puentes
“Peace and Justice”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Democratic Republic of Las Puentes is a very large, genial nation, remarkable for its burgeoning Lion population. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 192 million Las Puentesians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Welfare, and Administration also on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 46.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Las Puentesian economy, worth 8.11 trillion Fuentes a year, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Cheese Exports, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 42,239 Fuentes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Moonshine has made a resurgence, party-lovers often change religions just for the weekend, Las Puentes's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand, and coalition governments are essential to passing new laws. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Las Puentes's national animal is the Lion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Las Puentes was endorsed by The Cantankerous Curmudgeon of Belschaft.
- : Las Puentes was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens and Nicest Citizens.
- : Las Puentes voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Las Puentes voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Following new legislation in Las Puentes, coalition governments are essential to passing new laws.
- : Following new legislation in Las Puentes, Las Puentes's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand.
- : Following new legislation in Las Puentes, party-lovers often change religions just for the weekend.
- : Following new legislation in Las Puentes, moonshine has made a resurgence.
- : Following new legislation in Las Puentes, the fattest folk in Las Puentes look to be the happiest ones.
- : Las Puentes was endorsed by The Pastafarian State of Drugged up Kitties.
Endorsements Received: 25 » Erinor, Marinho Islands, Land Without Shrimp, Farengeto, Holota, Bawkie, Concrete Slab, Treir, Bleakfoot, Ralphburg, Nowa Europa, Beepee, Tepertopia, Scu Greinne, Qvait, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Rebel-topia, Wehraboos, Bartonia Nova, PenguinPies, Ipugao, Aumeltopia, Purple Hyacinth, Drugged up Kitties, and Belschaft.