The Distant Shore of Lapis-
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Distant Shore of Lapis- is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Lapis with an even hand, and remarkable for its vat-grown people, prohibition of alcohol, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, devout population of 3.958 billion lost kids enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Barn. The average income tax rate is 87.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The socially awkward economy, worth 227 trillion water drops a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 57,458 water drops, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed, courses in how to boil water are popular for formerly microwave-reliant lost kids, in the Beginning was the Word and the Word was "Pragmatism", and halberds are common 18th birthday presents. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lapis-'s national animal is the rain cloud, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Self-determination.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lapis- was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Lapis- removed The Waste of The Chariot from the regional ban list in Artificial Solar System.
- : Lapis-'s influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Lapis- banned The んひ尺尺ﾉᄃﾑ刀乇 of The Hurricane from Artificial Solar System.
- : Lapis- was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Lapis-'s influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Lapis-'s influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Lapis-'s influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The RIP Spear Danes of Grauer Greif 28 appointed Lapis- as Assterism with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Artificial Solar System.
- : Lapis-'s influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".