The United Socialist States of Lantzalot
““Everybody must get stoned””
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The United Socialist States of Lantzalot is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Casey Lantz with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and soft-spoken computers. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 2.339 billion Lantzalotians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lantz. The average income tax rate is 86.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lantzalotian economy, worth 232 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is 99,599 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prudishness is on the way out, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, and anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lantzalot's national animal is the Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lantzalot was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest and Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Following new legislation in Lantzalot, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Lantzalot, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- : Following new legislation in Lantzalot, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks.
- : Lantzalot voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Following new legislation in Lantzalot, prudishness is on the way out.
- : Following new legislation in Lantzalot, the native owl population is in permanent hibernation.
- : Lantzalot endorsed The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
- : Lantzalot endorsed The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Lantzalot was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Amerion, Wehraboos, New Briantown, Marinho Islands, Volaworand, Qvait, Bartonia Nova, Tepertopia, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, House Ahsanul, Land Without Shrimp, PenguinPies, Phanama, Corgitopiaa, Bleakfoot, Bawkie, Nowa Europa, Farengeto, The Worst army of, Purple Hyacinth, West Pastafaria, Erinor, Ebonhand, Aumeltopia, Tsunamy, Kandorith, Los Rodeos, Rabbitz, Belschaft, Apartment 11F, WI SD EA D, Andinla, Shefino, Rotenaplistan, Beepee, Sandaoguo, Eskvenn, Aidenfieeld, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The Imperial Frost Federation, Rebel-topia, Zataras, Holota, Treir, Synarion, Jehenna, Wakandan Tribes, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Auphelia, Wallechi, and 21 others.Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, The Republic Of Williamsburg, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, LadyRebels, Bichedder, Margila Islands, Libedistan, West Bridgeport, Westenhald, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Moreana, Gonrati, The United Australian States, and Ipugao.