The Corporate Empire of Land of Corporations
“To enrich the rich and to enslave the poor”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Squire
The Corporate Empire of Land of Corporations is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Corporate Leader with an iron fist, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, deadly medical pandemics, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 1.457 billion Corporate Workers are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Corporate City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Land of Corporations economy, worth 289 trillion Corporate Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 198,882 Corporate Dollars, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,828,100 per year while the poor average 2,236, a ratio of 817 to 1.
There's a bright dawn ahead for Land of Corporations, a girl's success in life is often linked to her performance in beauty pageants, schoolyard sandboxes resemble ashtrays due to the large number of cigarette butts, and inheritance tax has recently been abolished. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Land of Corporations's national animal is the Corporate Animal, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Corporatism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Land of Corporations, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- : Following new legislation in Land of Corporations, schoolyard sandboxes resemble ashtrays due to the large number of cigarette butts.
- : Following new legislation in Land of Corporations, a girl's success in life is often linked to her performance in beauty pageants.
- : Following new legislation in Land of Corporations, there's a bright dawn ahead for Land of Corporations.
- : Following new legislation in Land of Corporations, constipated-looking politicians are uptight about potty mouths.
- : Land of Corporations voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn A Bloodred Moon".
- : Following new legislation in Land of Corporations, oil rigs in winter are heated by contained oil slick fires.
- : Following new legislation in Land of Corporations, amorous nobles always bring the same disappointing gift to weddings.
- : Following new legislation in Land of Corporations, for just a few extra Corporate Dollars Corporate Workers can get new driving records with their new cars.
- : Following new legislation in Land of Corporations, the wheel has been patented by at least a hundred people.
Endorsements Received: 188 » Aivintis, A mean old man, Dragons Blood, Albrook, Axdel, Debluu, Aquyia, VW53Aland, Asendavia, Marrabuk, New Leganes, East Malaysia, Eagas, Layngderfleethe, Brotherland, Hizuru, Arcadiam, Holy Alasia Orozen, The Almighty Country, Aeljae, The Empire of Rijelv, Chalan, Anfair, Adavan, Adolanta, Arkantis, Wiranath, Freedom Fascists, Empire of Dabiristan, Casillo y Real, Preat, Stellar Colonies, Seri Tai Republic, Durne, Enlil, West Elyria, Pledonia, A Slanted Black Stripe, ArenaC, The Armed Savages, Wanabe, Drunken Seal Islands, Modra, Roliganistan, United China Nation, Grossvietnam, Elejamie, Romanoddle Republic, Dravida India, Taurora, and 138 others.Zang0, CheeseBurrito, Norna Chitya, Lanagon, Kangarawa, 3 14159265358979323846264, Perah, Rainbow Vests, The Three States of Fortuna, Nuovo Regno Italico, Karatol-Advenra, Maredita, Sandboxford, Sen Jast, Kaigi, The Great Andes, Kuseropia Repubationtopia, Sansangra, ReReReRepublic, Risany Tripsonia, ReeK, Awestre Gorend, Ridann, Kilkire, Ribanzi, West Swedania, OwOUwUOwOUwU, Islamarnia, Rhealaliit, Kucia, Isahaak, Fellon, Pakitsk, East Deslang, Scaperlancobbinstan, Blobbo, Middle Pitburn, Talitoa, Auslivia, Davinhia, Kurogasa, Goodnamesarerare, Second Federal Republic of Colombia, Abtracnt, The Soviet Texas Union, Asark, Dreamersistan, Duracell, Evrigenis, East Sakhlin, Blobon, Thurland, Headpat Central, Federated States of Zootron, Konneticut, Caesargrad, From New World, Tofoon, The Irish-Scottish Union, Mardom, Lointland, Dragonia, Lingu, Verconia, BadRNG, North Bernia, Ripsylvania, Rikos Isles, Pekweng, Valerite, Kingdom of Hapsteld, Impia Aghte, Kunstistan, Nevertopia, Bogliqia, Azureano, Tassirion, Republic of Restaks, Hosoven, The 7th Coalition of Alba, The Marlands, Bai Lung, Seratiago, Barfleur, Russian Social Federation, Neo-Western East Korea, BearStackof2015, Lannyster, The Feld, Merlovich, Lyontisia, Kurikia, Wakeopolis, Trimmania, New Missoura, The Wallenburgian World Assembly Offices, United Commonwealth of American States, Vilender, Capitalismworld, Caymarnia, Cacnesia, Canadian Technocrats, Utopianan, United Malordia, Centrical Union, United Repub1ic, Washingtonian Order, Voscohein, Nociav, Exitos, Agave, Yuruguay, Catlovenia, Vessarlian, The Bosco, Tyrosalem, Frankinstan, Uniao Sovietica de Minas Gerais, The Provinces Peruanoball, Amabilis, Kond Mex Ethostorgel, Teleksog, Gernmark, Kaldrbuth, Republic of mountain people, Isole Ionie, Estande, Chesstitans, Zohaib, Sarikaya Komzin, Shauvania, Atlantis of the Sands, Jomsburg, Money for ever, Myehn, United Islands of Romania, New Sandsnionion, and Order of the Saint Dumas.