The Last Bastion of Civilization of Lacuna
“Nihil et nihils”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Location: 10000 Islands
Regional Influence: Squire
The Last Bastion of Civilization of Lacuna is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic population of 21.359 billion Lacunians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lacuna City. The average income tax rate is 87.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Lacunan economy, worth a remarkable 3,171 trillion Naughts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 148,492 Naughts, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome, the nation is committed to nuclear rearmament, Lacunan tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation, and primary candidates are replaced if they fail to compliment Leader's hair. Crime is totally unknown. Lacuna's national animal is the Bat, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lacuna was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Bricester.
- : Following new legislation in Lacuna, primary candidates are replaced if they fail to compliment Leader's hair.
- : Lacuna was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Lacuna, Lacunan tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation.
- : Following new legislation in Lacuna, the nation is committed to nuclear rearmament.
- : Following new legislation in Lacuna, small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome.
- : Lacuna was endorsed by The Interstellar Transcendence of Reformed Imperis.
- : Lacuna was endorsed by The State of Malevos.
- : Following new legislation in Lacuna, a bill to outlaw math homework has been submitted.
- : Following new legislation in Lacuna, families burn Leader's latest official photograph to keep warm.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Iontan, Anollasia, Blogotopia, Grungerock, Dustwind, Ironica Butterfly, Zeganas, Maalemzya, Wysrod, The Soylent Green Party, Karlando, Seantonia, Calachia, The Snake Brotherhood, Vivolkha, Dovant, Ferte, Free Land of Rebellium, Yakkandiania, Medetas, Evertopia, Mastodonia, Namakan, Kachikawawa, Liberdon, Zeklandia, Maconshinbernititte, Holma, Krystalveil, Samonaemia, Grimmywelsh, Stroulia, Faradova, Violent Trees, Katitania, Macrasetia, Coldian, Denadamelada, Breosia, The Galactic American Imperium, The Democratic State Of Josora, Kaprein, Ilfarasia, Geonomia, Solsevara, Alathria, Greater Theowherveld, Markanite, Second Peenadian, DetroitSmash, and 9 others.Jaegerpondonia, Phello, Caribbia, Rog Mily, Dolorado, Lisokyo, United Kolance, Reformed Imperis, and Bricester.