The Federation of La Nouvelle-Orleans
“Trade Runs The World”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Location: The North Pacific
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Federation of La Nouvelle-Orleans is a very large, efficient nation, notable for its otherworldly petting zoo, free-roaming dinosaurs, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 140 million La Nouvelle-Orleansians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.1%.
The all-consuming La Nouvelle-Orleansian economy, worth 13.7 trillion New Orleanian Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Gambling. Average income is 97,909 New Orleanian Dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 390,664 per year while the poor average 16,507, a ratio of 23.7 to 1.
The entire entry for La Nouvelle-Orleans in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless', war vets look after war animals, it's normal to start working life with crippling financial debt, and school lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. La Nouvelle-Orleans's national animal is the American Alligator, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : La Nouvelle-Orleans was endorsed by The Pacifist Hamsters of The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg.
- : La Nouvelle-Orleans was endorsed by The Holy Lucky Red Monster of Mon Island.
- : La Nouvelle-Orleans was endorsed by The Empire of Rising Sakura.
- : Following new legislation in La Nouvelle-Orleans, school lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time.
- : Following new legislation in La Nouvelle-Orleans, it's normal to start working life with crippling financial debt.
- : Following new legislation in La Nouvelle-Orleans, war vets look after war animals.
- : Following new legislation in La Nouvelle-Orleans, the entire entry for La Nouvelle-Orleans in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless'.
- : Following new legislation in La Nouvelle-Orleans, many aides in Leader's office are known to be serial jaywalkers.
- : La Nouvelle-Orleans endorsed The Republic of The Pantheons.
- : La Nouvelle-Orleans endorsed The Pristine Jungle Nation of Shlama.
Endorsements Received: 109 » Shibutani, Xentherida, Bearical, Lulubellia, Illusia and Neverendia, Aerilia, Svenskskit, Joevala, Orado, The Blazeland Administration, Capablanca, Hamerica, Guer Aike, Hardscrabble, Venicea, Francois Isidore, Ellbonnia, Ethnon, Yaorozu, Bankowiata, Wilkshire, Republica Guilleana, Bharathvarsh, Loutsland, Great Bights Mum, Zzozona, Omnistria, Notyoutopia, Koda-Land, Dreadton, Former English Colony, Siwale, Logovets, Territorio di Nessuno, Galbadiana, The Rhein States, Corfad, The Mazur Empire, Muqatil, Kragsgale, ForestMythal, The Calabash Protectorate, Federal Union of the North, Ariele, Glurponia, Seanat, Sunto, Dar es Saalam, Yellops, Outer Shenendoah, and 59 others.Beta Cyndriel, Blyskalia, El Fiji Grande, Sahriastan, Pallaith, Valentine Z, His Enduring Majesty, Lionia, North Bratislava, Selfgradatude, Steampunk Ariel, Interdimensional Zone, Sil Dorsett, Jaxikistan, New Lakemba, Wineclaw, Cretox State, Xagill, ROM, Card Kingdom, Vesteysia, Kastonvia, Frances Francis the First of France, Tibus Heth, Humptalumpta, Nimarya, Chips and Guac, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Nyock, Empy, New Celoveniortan, Sikol, Simone Republic, Tringapore, Climeria, Kranostav, Pazair, Que Lukustinardon, Tyirza, McMasterdonia, Praeceps, Klodma, Godwanna, Zapiron, Cereskia, Yokciq Empire, Votak Matim, TyGerria, Palgo, Planes, Toilet Man, Dabarastan, Cam Zazi, AmManies, Shlama, The Pantheons, Rising Sakura, Mon Island, and The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg.