The Emirate of Kroeber
“Agency is not real”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Hermit
The Emirate of Kroeber is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 514 million culture historians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paiute. The average income tax rate is 60.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant superorganic economy, worth 7.37 trillion microcosms a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Tourism, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 14,331 microcosms, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
School lockers are filled with fancy underwear, Kroeber's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand, saying 'Hi Guys' to a mixed gender group of people at work is a fireable offense, and Kroeber has designated Paiute as its capital city. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Kroeber's national animal is the natural scientist, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kroeber was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Kroeber changed its national capital to "Paiute".
- : Kroeber changed its national capital to "Paiuteburg".
- : Following new legislation in Kroeber, Kroeber has designated Paiute as its capital city.
- : Following new legislation in Kroeber, saying 'Hi Guys' to a mixed gender group of people at work is a fireable offense.
- : Following new legislation in Kroeber, Kroeber's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand.
- : Following new legislation in Kroeber, school lockers are filled with fancy underwear.
- : Kroeber voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Noble Thatcherites".
- : Following new legislation in Kroeber, court cases mostly involve lawyers shouting questions at witnesses giving silent shrugs.
- : Following new legislation in Kroeber, museums have more touchscreens on display than artifacts.
Endorsements Received: None.