The Constitutional Monarchy of Koskelius
“Ja Ne sais quois~”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Constitutional Monarchy of Koskelius is a massive, socially progressive nation, renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, deadly medical pandemics, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 2.601 billion Koskeliusians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Administration, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Purr Gawk. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 59.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Koskeliusian economy, worth 461 trillion bitcoins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 177,337 bitcoins, with the richest citizens earning 5.6 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens must pay to enjoy Koskelius's pristine beaches, fifty years of pension funds can disappear in half a second, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast, and a milk bath costs more than bathing in money. Crime is totally unknown. Koskelius's national animal is the penguin, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Koskelius was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Koskelius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Koskelius was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Rudest Citizens, the Top 5% for Highest Wealthy Incomes and Most Efficient Economies, and the Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Koskelius, a milk bath costs more than bathing in money.
- : Following new legislation in Koskelius, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast.
- : Following new legislation in Koskelius, fifty years of pension funds can disappear in half a second.
- : Following new legislation in Koskelius, citizens must pay to enjoy Koskelius's pristine beaches.
- : Following new legislation in Koskelius, there are no minimum wage laws.
- : Following new legislation in Koskelius, Leader spends weekends doing the laundry of foreign leaders.
- : Following new legislation in Koskelius, bouncers at the door of the sweet shop warn five-year-olds not to cause trouble.
Endorsements Received: 77 » Aumeltopia, Qvait, Terran Draconia, Erinor, Amerion, Crystal Creation, Hanguk-Nippon, Volaworand, Land Without Shrimp, Bleakfoot, Aidenfieeld, Bawkie, Wehraboos, Beepee, PenguinPies, Farengeto, The Filippinas, Baltenlands, Ebonhand, Kringalia, West Pastafaria, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Anserisa, Sedunn, Holy Free, Mapico, Tsunamy, Gonrati, Dis7Nation, Marinho Islands, Auphelia, Corgitopiaa, Kandorith, Shefino, New Briantown, Sandaoguo, Myness, Drugged Monkeys, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Midand, Concrete Slab, Andinla, Laamiva, Merevane, Tepertopia, Nowa Europa, Phanama, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Zataras, and 27 others.Alfama, Brunier, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Belschaft, Rebel-topia, Apartment 11F, Rotenaplistan, The Imperial Frost Federation, Treir, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, Libedistan, Westenhald, Ceutalia, New Belgrade, Choman, The United Australian States, and Ipugao.