The Something of Korsinia
“Nåde og Frihed”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
The Something of Korsinia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Einar Grímsson-Astrid Haugen with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, unlimited-speed roads, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 8.555 billion Korsinians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vulkanerborg-Rubin. The average income tax rate is 69.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Korsinian economy, worth 638 trillion Vixes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 74,608 Vixes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Graffiti graces every city's streets, teenage male videogamers often suffer repetitive strain wrist injuries, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists, and business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Korsinia's national animal is the Arctic fox-Laverian falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is St Scarlett Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Korsinia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Korsinia was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Marie Byrd.
- : Korsinia endorsed The Nomadic Peoples of Kochevnia.
- : Korsinia was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Kochevnia.
- : Korsinia endorsed The Democratic Oasis of Silverfish37.
- : Korsinia endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Santa Marea.
- : Korsinia was endorsed by The Democratic Oasis of Silverfish37.
- : Korsinia was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Santa Marea.
- : Korsinia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Declaration In Regard To Hippopotami".
- : Korsinia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Regulating Digital Warfare".