The Fake World Wonderland of Kinoko
“The day is breaking, day is breaking, look it's dawn.”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Fake World Wonderland of Kinoko is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Flower Girl with an iron fist, and notable for its national health service, pith helmet sales, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 9.159 billion Kinokoans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eureka. The average income tax rate is 98.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Kinokoan economy, worth a remarkable 2,016 trillion Hanatabas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 220,153 Hanatabas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is a law unto itself, the government is spending millions on alternative clean-burning fuels, the national census includes an opt-in to join the government-run dating service, and children crying over dropped ice creams are offered high doses of experimental antidepressants. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kinoko's national animal is the Mushroom, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Hakkaism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kinoko, children crying over dropped ice creams are offered high doses of experimental antidepressants.
- : Following new legislation in Kinoko, the national census includes an opt-in to join the government-run dating service.
- : Following new legislation in Kinoko, the government is spending millions on alternative clean-burning fuels.
- : Following new legislation in Kinoko, the government is a law unto itself.
- : Kinoko endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Torvon.
- : Kinoko was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Torvon.
- : Following new legislation in Kinoko, the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused.
- : Following new legislation in Kinoko, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- : Following new legislation in Kinoko, sleeping on the job is recommended.
- : Following new legislation in Kinoko, the "swords to plowshares" policy has created a generation of farmers that can kill a yak from 200 yards away.
Endorsements Received: 42 » Lesser Velutaria, Hatstheput, Toubaze, Kiyortza, Whitmarche, Teckia, The New Bulgarian Order, Speke, Bro Wyned, Fallooplesburg, New Sebronia, Halsuntria, The Trilla Gang Mafia, Gadorien, Southern Velutaria, Abjekistan, Wellsenfaile, Montecaro, Kentalis, Prybourne, Foxomexra, Nerany, Turpir Hoes, Regauria, Gran Rugido, Valcouria, Kistolia, Shimerland, Amrelia, Yetrasia, The Modern New Spanish Empire, Greater Efrafa, Misnomers, Latvia and Saaremaa, Senshen, Plattinum, Iwonia, The Capitol Districts, Sab Demenr, Gavrilia, Lyonheimer, and Torvon.