The Free Land of Killmoor
“Work hard. Play hard!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Squire
The Free Land of Killmoor is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Hector Roversemmer with a fair hand, and renowned for its public floggings, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.439 billion Killmoorians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Davido. The average income tax rate is 69.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Killmoorian economy, worth 368 trillion Berrieses a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 67,682 Berrieses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Depression sinks in after each election when voters realize they are stuck with these people for years, the nation sends criminals home to think about what they did, orange is the new black for judicial robes, and a traveller who once stubbed a toe on an Air Brancaland flight has been offered asylum. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Killmoor's national animal is the RedTail Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is hullo.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Killmoor was endorsed by The Greater Antarctic Empire of Florin.
- : Killmoor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Killmoor was endorsed by The Federation of Ulslur.
- : Killmoor was endorsed by The Lucky Question Mark﹖ of Makdon.
- : Killmoor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Killmoor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Killmoor was endorsed by The Republic of Zachriel.
- : Killmoor was endorsed by The Hellhole of Kaiserreich Subreddit.
- : Killmoor was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Perfect Sublime Masters.
- : Killmoor was endorsed by The Community of A Valyrian Dragonrider.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Andromeda Islands, Aqueira, Emeseses, Zavea, Farrakhan, Unibot III, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, Panormia, Zerentopia, FiTzGEraLdLAnD, Greater Cesnica, Collosuss, Yoshiterra, Thuringia Reich, Aandruzognivia, Nation of Urie, North Comunist Awelanius, Black Hawk Raider Refugees, A Leaf on the Wind, United Libor Lefunkistan, Razorback, Perfect Sublime Masters, Kaiserreich Subreddit, Makdon, Ulslur, and Florin.