The Borderland Queendom of Karistina
“Strong and Stubborn”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Location: Non Binary Safe Space
Regional Influence: Envoy
The Borderland Queendom of Karistina is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Karistina Rajem with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, cheerful population of 38.902 billion Karistinans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — is primarily concerned with Environment, with Education, Healthcare, and Public Transport also on the agenda, while Industry and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rajem. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Karistinan economy, worth 720 trillion marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 18,508 marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hardline members of the Red Bloc consider Karistina Rajem a filthy revisionist traitor, the new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass", national park visitors are reporting a rash of poison ivy sightings, and bins outnumber trees in city parks. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Karistina's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Karistina's influence in Non Binary Safe Space rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Karistina's influence in Non Binary Safe Space fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Karistina's influence in Non Binary Safe Space rose from "Minnow" to "Envoy".
- : Following new legislation in Karistina, bins outnumber trees in city parks.
- : Following new legislation in Karistina, national park visitors are reporting a rash of poison ivy sightings.
- : Following new legislation in Karistina, the new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass".
- : Karistina relocated from Balder to Non Binary Safe Space.
- : Karistina was refounded in Balder.
- : Karistina ceased to exist in Non Binary Safe Space.
- : Karistina's influence in Non Binary Safe Space fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".