The Holy Golden Dominions of Karag
“Why keep your wealth when you can share it with others?”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Holy Golden Dominions of Karag is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Adm-Pres Nylar Elian Rishab Karag with a fair hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, digital currency, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.098 billion Karg'dais are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Soukara. The average income tax rate is 93.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Karg'dai economy, worth 148 trillion Lakats a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 135,109 Lakats, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians spend more time in courtrooms than in Parliament, every day has been a surprise since weather reporters turned to consulting ancient totems for their seven-day forecasts, becoming a missionary is a sure-fire route to martyrdom, and 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Karag's national animal is the Lakarian Lizard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Whatever floats your boat.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Karag, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song.
- : Following new legislation in Karag, becoming a missionary is a sure-fire route to martyrdom.
- : Following new legislation in Karag, every day has been a surprise since weather reporters turned to consulting ancient totems for their seven-day forecasts.
- : Following new legislation in Karag, politicians spend more time in courtrooms than in Parliament.
- : Karag was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Following new legislation in Karag, hospitals fear government fines more than terrorist ransoms.
- : Following new legislation in Karag, citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers.
- : Following new legislation in Karag, gossip magazines have pictures of Adm-Pres Nylar Elian Rishab Karag sunbathing on the beach with political rivals.
- : Following new legislation in Karag, fixing attendance at women's matches is a matter of "when they go low, we go high... funding".
- : Following new legislation in Karag, the nation's biggest export is stupidity.
Endorsements Received: 78 » Qvait, Tepertopia, New Briantown, Erinor, The Worst army of, Aidenfieeld, Amerion, Volaworand, Land Without Shrimp, Andinla, Bleakfoot, Nowa Europa, Bawkie, Aumeltopia, Midand, Kandorith, Tsunamy, Crystal Creation, Corgitopiaa, Wehraboos, PenguinPies, Ebonhand, Concrete Slab, Jehenna, Farengeto, Merevane, Auphelia, Phanama, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Zataras, Terran Draconia, Rebel-topia, Alfama, Marinho Islands, Sedunn, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Vanbella, West Pastafaria, Rabbitz, Apartment 11F, WI SD EA D, Shefino, Belschaft, Rotenaplistan, Sandaoguo, Eskvenn, Beepee, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The Imperial Frost Federation, and 28 others.Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Curlyhoward, Wakandan Tribes, Myhomecountry, Republik Hintonia, Axis Mundi, Armonitopia, Treir, Synarion, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Wallechi, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Moreana, Gonrati, The United Australian States, Freedoom, and Ipugao.