The Federation of Kandenburg
“Möge Kandenburg ewig weiterleben, Gott mit uns”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hatchling
The Federation of Kandenburg is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 664 million Prussians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Berlin. The average income tax rate is 30.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Kandenburgian economy, worth 69.8 trillion Reichsmarks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 105,188 Reichsmarks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
More than one company makes the board game Monopoly, the average commuter spends four hours a day driving to and from work, prison visits increase substantially during election years, and everybody's got wood thanks to Leader. Crime is totally unknown. Kandenburg's national animal is the Falcon, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kandenburg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Kandenburg's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kandenburg's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Kandenburg, everybody's got wood thanks to Leader.
- : Kandenburg was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Kandenburg ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Kandenburg was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Wolffoxia.
- : Kandenburg was endorsed by The Republic of GrayingOut.
- : Kandenburg was endorsed by The Kingdom of Radicaster.
- : Kandenburg was endorsed by The Golden Federal Republic of Intion North.