The Federation of Jurti
“From Dust to Nugget”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Federation of Jurti is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its daily referendums, vat-grown people, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 693 million Jurtians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mauria City. The average income tax rate is 40.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Jurtian economy, worth 71.3 trillion Reuros a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 102,838 Reuros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists, and fistfighting vigilantes tend to suffer a lot of gunshot wounds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jurti's national animal is the Maurian Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jurti was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Jurti endorsed The Please Endorse Me of Beepee.
- : Following new legislation in Jurti, fistfighting vigilantes tend to suffer a lot of gunshot wounds.
- : Following new legislation in Jurti, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Jurti, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
- : Following new legislation in Jurti, teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough.
- : Following new legislation in Jurti, the love has gone in Jurti.
- : Following new legislation in Jurti, arms manufacturers and mild-mannered journalists have been outed as superheroes.
- : Following new legislation in Jurti, the meaning of life was recently discovered in the patch notes for Version 1.42.
- : Following new legislation in Jurti, overhead luggage compartments on planes sometimes conceal dimunitive intelligence officers.
Endorsements Received: 54 » New Briantown, Qvait, Volaworand, Marinho Islands, Purple Hyacinth, Amerion, Tepertopia, Erinor, Aidenfieeld, Phanama, Corgitopiaa, WI SD EA D, Xergiokia, Bawkie, Land Without Shrimp, Bleakfoot, Nowa Europa, PenguinPies, Bartonia Nova, Aumeltopia, Wehraboos, Zataras, Farengeto, Ebonhand, Tsunamy, Treir, Kandorith, Synarion, Holota, Belschaft, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Rebel-topia, Wallechi, Auphelia, Wakandan Tribes, Scu Greinne, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Beepee, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sandaoguo, Bichedder, LadyRebels, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Westenhald, and 4 others.New Belgrade, Gonrati, The United Australian States, and Ipugao.