The Christmas Open Sleigh of Jolly Ole Saint Nick
“...And to all a Good Night !”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Christmas Open Sleigh of Jolly Ole Saint Nick is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sinterklaas with an even hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 14.506 billion Jolly Ole Saint Nickians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government prioritizes Welfare, with Healthcare, Law & Order, and Spirituality also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of North Pole. The average income tax rate is 59.3%.
The Jolly Ole Saint Nickian economy, worth 564 trillion Cookies a year, is quite specialized and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Trout Farming, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 38,910 Cookies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Jolly Ole Saint Nick has designated North Pole as its capital city, Sinterklaas has just been declared ruler of Jolly Ole Saint Nick in an international press conference, Sinterklaas is the self-declared God of all Jolly Ole Saint Nick, and tabloids coo over Sinterklaas's expected child. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jolly Ole Saint Nick's national animal is the Reindeer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Crimson Order.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jolly Ole Saint Nick was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Jolly Ole Saint Nick's influence in Christmas rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Jolly Ole Saint Nick's influence in Christmas rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Jolly Ole Saint Nick's influence in Christmas rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Jolly Ole Saint Nick's influence in Christmas rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Jolly Ole Saint Nick lodged a message on the Christmas Regional Message Board.
- : Jolly Ole Saint Nick relocated from North Pole to Christmas.
- : Jolly Ole Saint Nick relocated from London to North Pole.
- : Jolly Ole Saint Nick relocated from The Bahamas to London.
- : Jolly Ole Saint Nick relocated from Idaho to The Bahamas.