The High Mage Legend of Jennifer Darnel
“You like fire, right?”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The High Mage Legend of Jennifer Darnel is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Jennifer Darnel with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, prohibition of alcohol, and punitive income tax rates. The cynical population of 1.545 billion High Mages are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The High Tower of the Arts. The average income tax rate is 69.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Kingdom economy, worth 48.2 trillion golden ducats a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Basket Weaving, and Retail. Average income is 31,199 golden ducats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Every citizen must submit to DNA testing to be eliminated from police inquiries, a common response to government PSAs is "well, DUH, obviously", police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records, and third world countries are rich in "I Love The High Tower Of The Arts" t-shirts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jennifer Darnel's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jennifer Darnel's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Jennifer Darnel's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Jennifer Darnel's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Jennifer Darnel resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Jennifer Darnel relocated from Iberian Empire to Artificial Solar System.
- : Jennifer Darnel's influence in Iberian Empire rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Jennifer Darnel relocated from Resuscitation to Iberian Empire.
- : Following new legislation in Jennifer Darnel, third world countries are rich in "I Love The High Tower Of The Arts" t-shirts.
- : Following new legislation in Jennifer Darnel, police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records.
- : Jennifer Darnel was endorsed by The Armed Republic of The Asmistan Navy.