The Democratic Republic of Jebediah Kerbal
“Striving to the Heavens”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Democratic Republic of Jebediah Kerbal is a massive, safe nation, notable for its prohibition of alcohol, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 4.177 billion Kerbals have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kerbal Space City. The average income tax rate is 49.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Kerbalian economy, worth 296 trillion Kermins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 70,938 Kermins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Remote-control hang-gliding scarecrows patrol the skies to keep songbirds from leaving the nation's borders, women who walk into the ladies' changing room are accused of being Peeping Toms, traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income, and all citizens must pass a 'multicultural sensitivity test' to be deemed fit for society. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Jebediah Kerbal's national animal is the Rocket Weasel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jebediah Kerbal's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Jebediah Kerbal relocated from Balder to The South Pacific.
- : Jebediah Kerbal altered its national flag.
- : Jebediah Kerbal was refounded in Balder.
- : Jebediah Kerbal ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : Jebediah Kerbal was endorsed by The Dominion of New Sanet.
- : Jebediah Kerbal was endorsed by The Republic of The Kies.
- : Jebediah Kerbal was endorsed by The Holy Black yi of Holy Free.
- : Jebediah Kerbal was endorsed by The No Pretitle of Esfalsa.
- : Jebediah Kerbal was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Danily.