The Yak republic of Jaki-Clan
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: Crystal Falls
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Yak republic of Jaki-Clan is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Prince Rutherford with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, absence of drug laws, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.688 billion Jaki-Clanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saihan-Tolgod. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11.7%.
The thriving Jaki-Clanian economy, worth 123 trillion Pieces of Paper a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 73,206 Pieces of Paper, with the richest citizens earning 7.8 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's atlases tend to go out of date every few weeks, only 'organics' are permitted to be citizens, grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly, and police are trained in using their steel-capped boots as a tool of law enforcement. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jaki-Clan's national animal is the Yak, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Yakism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jaki-Clan's influence in Crystal Falls rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Jaki-Clan applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Jaki-Clan relocated from Marxs Potato Farm to Crystal Falls.
- : Jaki-Clan resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Jaki-Clan's influence in Marxs Potato Farm rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Jaki-Clan relocated from Crystal Falls to Marxs Potato Farm.
- : Jaki-Clan endorsed The Republic of Beans on Toast 7.
- : Jaki-Clan was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Jaki-Clan, police are trained in using their steel-capped boots as a tool of law enforcement.
- : Following new legislation in Jaki-Clan, grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly.