The Imperial Socialist Order of Iwonia
“Through blood and sweat comes our success!”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Imperial Socialist Order of Iwonia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Angel Vizueth IV with an iron fist, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, ubiquitous missile silos, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 2.105 billion Iwonians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Greater Lumia. The average income tax rate is 76.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Iwonian economy, worth 300 trillion Iwons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 142,908 Iwons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
A speech a day keeps climate change away, citizens sell their moldy bread as homemade penicillin, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and produce labels read 'may contain traces of food'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iwonia's national animal is the Eagle and its national religion is Communal Lutheranism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Iwonia was endorsed by The Guild Republic of Polder Eiland.
- : Iwonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Iwonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Following new legislation in Iwonia, produce labels read 'may contain traces of food'.
- : Following new legislation in Iwonia, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Iwonia, citizens sell their moldy bread as homemade penicillin.
- : Following new legislation in Iwonia, a speech a day keeps climate change away.
- : Following new legislation in Iwonia, claiming to have performed the Heimlich Maneuver is a popular defense for assault charges.
- : Iwonia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Gavrilia.
- : Iwonia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Yetrasia.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Lesser Velutaria, The New Bulgarian Order, Speke, Whitmarche, Hatstheput, Teckia, Kiyortza, Bro Wyned, Fallooplesburg, New Sebronia, Framosia, The Trilla Gang Mafia, Halsuntria, Gadorien, Southern Velutaria, Wellsenfaile, Montecaro, Kentalis, Abjekistan, Foxomexra, Prybourne, Nerany, Turpir Hoes, Regauria, Qazhshava, Valcouria, Kistolia, Gran Rugido, Amrelia, Greater Efrafa, Senshen, Plattinum, San Calia, Encessia, Torvon, Yodivenis, Blechingia, Kinoko, Junterland, Republic of Turbin, Sab Demenr, Lyonheimer, Misnomers, Nissisoma, Yetrasia, Gavrilia, and Polder Eiland.