The Avatar of Thanatos of Islonia
“Je me souviens”
|Category: New York Times Democracy
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The Avatar of Thanatos of Islonia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Nathan Hermet with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, digital currency, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 12.073 billion Islonians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Administration, and Environment also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alpina. The average income tax rate is 86.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Islonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,271 trillion Drachmas a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 105,351 Drachmas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Truck drivers turn their engines off and coast whenever they're going downhill, it's often raining men (hallelujah) in Alpina, increasing numbers of children in Islonia have different eye and hair color to their supposed fathers, and survivors of the Great Internet Flame War often recount horror stories of banhammers and DOS attacks. Crime is totally unknown. Islonia's national animal is the Kitten, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Greek Pantheon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Islonia endorsed a map .
- : Islonia relocated from Islarabia to Thaecia.
- : Islonia relocated from Thaecia to Islarabia.
- : Islonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Islonia lodged a message on the Thaecia Regional Message Board.
- : Islonia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Islonia's influence in Thaecia fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Islonia was endorsed by The Chair Kingdom of Cerdenia.
- : Islonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Hellish Dominion of Abysmal Torment".
- : Islonia endorsed The Commonwealth of The United Patagonian States.