The Commonwealth of Isle Can
“Without a strong foundation, no structure can rise”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Commonwealth of Isle Can is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Lance Hidmar with a fair hand, and notable for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.088 billion Isle Canians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of City Can. The average income tax rate is 76.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Isle Canian economy, worth 77.9 trillion Shells a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 71,557 Shells, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The country's population is reported with a margin of error of several billions, education is transforming people into first-rate snobs, the mood of raunchy movies is often ruined by the sound of babies crying, and the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Isle Can's national animal is the Alligator, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Isle Can, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments.
- : Following new legislation in Isle Can, the mood of raunchy movies is often ruined by the sound of babies crying.
- : Following new legislation in Isle Can, education is transforming people into first-rate snobs.
- : Following new legislation in Isle Can, the country's population is reported with a margin of error of several billions.
- : Following new legislation in Isle Can, the government has stated an intention to min-max its stats for 'teh pwnage'.
- : Isle Can was endorsed by The Cayon Democratic Republic of Altnavia.
- : Isle Can was endorsed by The Dominion of MaPetiteFille.
- : Isle Can was endorsed by The Wood pigeon realm of TescoPepsi.
- : Isle Can was endorsed by The Local Councilcratic Republic of Evinea.
- : Following new legislation in Isle Can, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Wehraboos, Corgitopiaa, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Yaravia, Blondiesland, Beblahbleblo, Tepertopia, Ever Testing, Land Without Shrimp, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, PenguinPies, Volaworand, Holota, Ebonhand, Mavenu, Farengeto, Holy Free, Kringalia, Cereskia 2, Kanatian Percocet, Andinla, Aidenfieeld, Donat Invadia, Bonobiana, Sedunn, Bawkie, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Amerion, Blancemon, Brazilian impero2, Chernaya Zvezda, Tupolov, Concrete Slab, Esterwood, Froshar, Leimarite Empire, Nowa Europa, Saint Roberts, Great Lothian, Martiland, Rebel-topia, Tyrantistica, Shadeth, Antwerpen1, Driodal, Dupanda, Taigama, Rhetiaa, Petea, South Pacifican Kilendjj, and 10 others.Eggraria, Willing Mind, Sureiya, Nouvel Empire, Winlah, The Haughtherlands, Evinea, TescoPepsi, MaPetiteFille, and Altnavia.