The Blot of Ink
“Lock, stock and two inky nibs”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: Quiet Cottage on the Edge of the Cosmos
Regional Influence: Squire
The Blot of Ink is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Quintrell Squid with an even hand, and renowned for its burgeoning Ink Auk population. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 12.643 billion Inkians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Social Policy, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dye. The average income tax rate is 37.8%.
The Inkian economy, worth 431 trillion Blot Shillings a year, is highly specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 34,128 Blot Shillings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Ink has designated Dye as its capital city, Quintrell Squid has just been declared ruler of Ink in an international press conference, and The Written Word has been named as Ink's national religion. Crime is moderate. Ink's national animal is the Ink Auk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Written Word.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ink's influence in Quiet Cottage on the Edge of the Cosmos rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Squire".
- : Ink was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Ink was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Ink's influence in Quiet Cottage on the Edge of the Cosmos rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Ink's influence in Quiet Cottage on the Edge of the Cosmos rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Ink's influence in Quiet Cottage on the Edge of the Cosmos rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Ink's influence in Quiet Cottage on the Edge of the Cosmos rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Ink relocated from Balder to Quiet Cottage on the Edge of the Cosmos.
- : Ink's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Ink's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".