The Theocratic States of Icaris
“Unify and Persevere”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The League
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Theocratic States of Icaris is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by President Dietrich Weber with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 10.855 billion Icarisians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Welfare and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paletaph. The average income tax rate is 39.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Icarisian economy, worth 889 trillion Grenas a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 81,967 Grenas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government reports are now used to teach toddlers to read, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies, Icaris successfully hosted the The League Olympics, and anyone who sneezes at border crossings is turned away. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Icaris's national animal is the Krystallic Elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Nantism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Icaris's influence in The League rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Icaris was endorsed by The United Provinces of The Furbish Islands.
- : Icaris was endorsed by The Empire of Nzoth.
- : Icaris voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Icaris voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Following new legislation in Icaris, anyone who sneezes at border crossings is turned away.
- : Icaris was endorsed by The First Supreme Holy Reich of Lossaknach.
- : Icaris was endorsed by The Classification of Gerryasomis.
- : Icaris's influence in The League rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Icaris was endorsed by The Shareholder States of Washingtonian Republic.