The Nation of Hyperpolis
“God, Homeland, Liberty”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: Empire of Great Britain
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Nation of Hyperpolis is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Anish Reddy with an even hand, and remarkable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.982 billion Hyperpolians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hyperpolis City. The average income tax rate is 64.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Hyperpolian economy, worth 64.9 trillion Hyperpolisian Bitcoins a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 32,735 Hyperpolisian Bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pawn shop reality shows dominate basic cable, politicians are often seen drinking soft drinks at the end of every public address, the nation was recently voted "most likely to betray its allies", and sweet-toothed Hyperpolians have been left penniless by the VAT on candy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hyperpolis's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Hinduism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hyperpolis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Hyperpolis was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Baden-Wurttemburg.
- : Hyperpolis's influence in Empire of Great Britain rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Hyperpolis lodged a message on the Empire of Great Britain Regional Message Board.
- : Hyperpolis's influence in Empire of Great Britain rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Hyperpolis's influence in Empire of Great Britain rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Hyperpolis's influence in Empire of Great Britain rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Hyperpolis relocated from India to Empire of Great Britain.
- : Hyperpolis was removed from the regional ban list of Empire of Great Britain by The Republic of Romeshire2.
- : Hyperpolis was endorsed by The Republic of Gadhvi.
Endorsements Received: None.