The Principality of Hyperico
“The Hypericoi Will Rise”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Principality of Hyperico is a very large, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, pith helmet sales, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed population of 154 million Hypericoi are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 22.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Hypericoi economy, worth 6.37 trillion Hypoes a year, is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Furniture Restoration, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 41,350 Hypoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Colonial subjects have Hypericoi culture shoved down their throats, cars are banned, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, and high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hyperico's national animal is the Hyena, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hyperico lodged a message on the Hyperico Regional Message Board.
- : Hyperico approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Condemn Koem Kab"".
- : Hyperico approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Commend Sanctaria"".
- : Hyperico endorsed The Federal Republic of South Ryeland.
- : Hyperico endorsed The Kingdom of Goodrum.
- : Hyperico was endorsed by The Federal Republic of South Ryeland.
- : Hyperico approved the World Assembly proposal "Customer service act".
- : Hyperico approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "On Multilateral Trade Talks"".
- : Hyperico approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "International Criminal Protocol"".
- : Hyperico seized the position of Hyperico WA Delegate from The Kingdom of Goodrum.