The Commonwealth of Hua
“Trust in the people, they know better than you!”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Commonwealth of Hua is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Rimoné Bellasconî with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, pith helmet sales, and infamous sell-swords. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.713 billion Huaians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eivos. The average income tax rate is 73.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Huan economy, worth 728 trillion Cilaers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 75,001 Cilaers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nationalised Arms Manufacturing Industry is not interested in making weapons, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, the death penalty has been reintroduced, and environmentalists are advocating slash-and-burn in the nation's forests. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hua's national animal is the Great Huaian Iguana, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hua added the tag "Social" to Heart.
- : Hua added the tag "Anime" to Heart.
- : Hua's influence in Heart fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Hua was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Hua's influence in Heart fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Hua's influence in Heart rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Following new legislation in Hua, environmentalists are advocating slash-and-burn in the nation's forests.
- : Following new legislation in Hua, the death penalty has been reintroduced.
- : Following new legislation in Hua, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws.
- : Following new legislation in Hua, the nationalised Arms Manufacturing Industry is not interested in making weapons.