The City-State Federation of Houbur
“Neutrality does not mean Pacifism”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: 10000 Islands
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The City-State Federation of Houbur is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Tsui Erikson with a fair hand, and notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.688 billion Houbuvi enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thermdale. The average income tax rate is 82.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Houbuvian economy, worth 263 trillion kronor a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 155,813 kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Turning the other cheek is accompanied by a polite letter of complaint, executions are marked by quiet dignity and maybe a final round or two of whist, euthanasia is legal, and cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Houbur's national animal is the Penguin, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Houbur, cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high.
- : Following new legislation in Houbur, euthanasia is legal.
- : Following new legislation in Houbur, executions are marked by quiet dignity and maybe a final round or two of whist.
- : Following new legislation in Houbur, turning the other cheek is accompanied by a polite letter of complaint.
- : Houbur lodged a message on the 10000 Islands Regional Message Board.
- : Houbur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Maxtopia Day".
- : Following new legislation in Houbur, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Houbur, the government sends submarines to retrieve bodies from shipwrecked submarines.
- : Following new legislation in Houbur, produce labels read 'may contain traces of food'.
- : Houbur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Scientific Cooperation".
Endorsements Received: 89 » Coldian, The Soylent Green Party, Xanthorrhoea, Macrasetia, The Galactic American Imperium, Faradova, Free Land of Rebellium, Fractethyst, Aquachromia, Kanycta, Kaprein, Dustwind, Murphtannia, Solsevara, Maconshinbernititte, Alski, DetroitSmash, Dishind, Liberdon, Ilfarasia, Hashari Darussalam, Austral Imperium, The Democratic State Of Josora, Haivon, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Havesia, Second Peenadian, Bavhia, Krystalveil, Geonomia, Vivolkha, Blogotopia, Western New Yakern, Seranis, Tausend Seen, Evertopia, El Barris, Frothensia, Ear Exploder 9000, Federal republic of wakanda, Clan Lynx Remnants, Gewisse, Immortal Anfield, Grimmywelsh, AliEN A, Frasal, Boroii, Anime Lovely, Germanitaloslav, Franconia and Bavaria, and 39 others.Dovant, Creeptopia, Chip Skylark, Attoree, Colonel Terrosit, Donnee, Generic Country Name That Is Available, Greater Theowherveld, Inhwan, Gal Cradia, Holma, Cathamye, Airday, Better Indonesia, Anollasia, Caxias do Norte, Markanite, Iontan, New Gothonia, Grungerock, Wysrod, Jaegerpondonia, Caribbia, Strigberg, Arnefol, Samonaemia, Rotzka, Aurum Port, Dolorado, The Snake Brotherhood, Vayshnoriya Islands, Lisokyo, Entente da madeira, Clialaad, United Kolance, Syedians, Pickens Nation, The Divine Elephant, and Thexaelen.