The United Kingdom of Hornetopia
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The United Kingdom of Hornetopia is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its ban on automobiles, fear of technology, and compulsory military service. The compassionate population of 744 million Hornetopians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Watford. The average income tax rate is 59.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Hornetopian economy, worth 53.3 trillion Deeneys a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 71,643 Deeneys, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's latest batch of politicians include internet comedians, an alleged serial killer, and a highly trained Hornet, cars are banned, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast, and male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hornetopia's national animal is the Hornet, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hornetopia was endorsed by The Nation States Holy Red Jolly of Celannica.
- : Hornetopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector and Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Hornetopia was endorsed by The Galactic Confederacy of Stellar Colonies.
- : Following new legislation in Hornetopia, male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room.
- : Following new legislation in Hornetopia, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast.
- : Following new legislation in Hornetopia, cars are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Hornetopia, the nation's latest batch of politicians include internet comedians, an alleged serial killer, and a highly trained Hornet.
- : Following new legislation in Hornetopia, kids are taught in schools to argue with their parents.
- : Hornetopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Hornetopia was endorsed by The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
Endorsements Received: 42 » VW53Aland, Wiranath, H-Zhena, Hizuru, Roissyland, BearStackof2015, Brotherland, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Liberstankonia, Dragons Blood, Axdel, Marrico, Escade, Janoobi Jazair, Pakitsk, Osterreich und Ungarn, Lerasi, Sericena, Staynes, Someseni, United-kingdom of Britannia, The Great Tea Empire, Wizardonia, Stanisiti, A Slanted Black Stripe, Commodore Badger, Roliganistan, Encurage, Hedonistica, La xinga, Avakael, Zukchiva, Asendavia, Eagas, Brethren, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, Ramaeus, Marrabuk, Stellar Colonies, and Celannica.