The Most Serene Republic of Hizurumo
“Strength Through Freedom”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Most Serene Republic of Hizurumo is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 273 million Hizurumoans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 64.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Hizurumoan economy, worth 5.66 trillion Pinkepinkes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Average income is 20,736 Pinkepinkes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates, internet moderator is one of the most popular jobs among the nation's more socially awkward citizens, every citizen must submit to DNA testing to be eliminated from police inquiries, and it takes a village to catch a criminal. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hizurumo's national animal is the Shingeki no Kyojin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hizurumo was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Hizurumo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Hizurumo was endorsed by The Merry Poppyns of 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121.
- : Hizurumo was endorsed by The Himalayan Field Rat Paradise of Gonrati.
- : Hizurumo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Hizurumo was endorsed by The PRARIE FOR CULTURE of MNA 33rd Infantry Regiment.
- : Hizurumo changed its national animal to "Shingeki no Kyojin".
- : Hizurumo changed its national animal to "Attack Titan" and its currency to "Pinkepinke".
- : Following new legislation in Hizurumo, it takes a village to catch a criminal.
- : Following new legislation in Hizurumo, every citizen must submit to DNA testing to be eliminated from police inquiries.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Tepertopia, Erinor, Marinho Islands, Corgitopiaa, Aidenfieeld, Death to democracy, Holota, Volaworand, Amerion, Qvait, Beepee, Conexia, Land Without Shrimp, Nowa Europa, Belschaft, Bawkie, Bleakfoot, Treir, Scu Greinne, PenguinPies, Wehraboos, Rebel-topia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aumeltopia, Ebonhand, Farengeto, Sandaoguo, Purple Hyacinth, Bichedder, Holy Free, NIGHTRAY, Zataras, Libedistan, Westenhald, Ceutalia, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, and Ipugao.