The Empire of Hiyya
“Can I get a...”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Empire of Hiyya is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Grogu with an even hand, and renowned for its infamous sell-swords, ubiquitous missile silos, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 947 million Hiyyans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hiyyapolis. The average income tax rate is 9.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Hiyyan economy, worth 107 trillion Pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 113,681 Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, elections are won by the candidate who makes the best 'yo mama' jokes, the most common doctor's prescription is "get out of my consulting room", and the subway is dead quiet in early afternoons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hiyya's national animal is the Molly, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Hiyya, the subway is dead quiet in early afternoons.
- : Hiyya was endorsed by The Principality of Freavia.
- : Following new legislation in Hiyya, the most common doctor's prescription is "get out of my consulting room".
- : Following new legislation in Hiyya, elections are won by the candidate who makes the best 'yo mama' jokes.
- : Following new legislation in Hiyya, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries.
- : Following new legislation in Hiyya, it's always rabbit season.
- : Following new legislation in Hiyya, the government has enacted freedom of information.
- : Following new legislation in Hiyya, homeless people dying of starvation are thought to be a necessary cost of preventing terrorism.
- : Hiyya was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Hiyya voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
Endorsements Received: 64 » Tepertopia, Qvait, Amerion, New Briantown, Purple Hyacinth, Marinho Islands, Aidenfieeld, Corgitopiaa, Land Without Shrimp, Bartonia Nova, PenguinPies, Bleakfoot, Eskvenn, Wehraboos, Volaworand, Nowa Europa, Erinor, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, House Ahsanul, Ebonhand, Farengeto, West Pastafaria, Aumeltopia, Andinla, Kandorith, WI SD EA D, Rabbitz, Bawkie, Apartment 11F, Shefino, Western Fardelshufflestein, Rotenaplistan, Beepee, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The Imperial Frost Federation, Zataras, Rebel-topia, Treir, Synarion, Belschaft, Wakandan Tribes, Wallechi, Auphelia, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, and 14 others.Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sandaoguo, Bichedder, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, The United Australian States, LadyRebels, Ipugao, and Freavia.