The Democratic Republic of HinduRashtr
“Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish...”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Democratic Republic of HinduRashtr is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Macca with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.242 billion HinduRashtrians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Calcutta. The average income tax rate is 53.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming HinduRashtrian economy, worth 118 trillion Rupees a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Retail, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 95,201 Rupees, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The Great HinduRashtrian Melting Pot boils out ethnic heritage, teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars, and all citizens must pass a 'multicultural sensitivity test' to be deemed fit for society. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. HinduRashtr's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Sanatan Dharma.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : HinduRashtr voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Following new legislation in HinduRashtr, all citizens must pass a 'multicultural sensitivity test' to be deemed fit for society.
- : Following new legislation in HinduRashtr, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars.
- : Following new legislation in HinduRashtr, teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank.
- : Following new legislation in HinduRashtr, the Great HinduRashtrian Melting Pot boils out ethnic heritage.
- : Following new legislation in HinduRashtr, social media sites go into shutdown for days at a time to censor user content.
- : HinduRashtr was endorsed by The Disconcerting Deputy of Flying Snow.
- : HinduRashtr was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : HinduRashtr endorsed The Commonwealth of Niveko.
- : HinduRashtr voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
Endorsements Received: 46 » Marrabuk, H-Zhena, Evrigenis, Brotherland, Pakitsk, Todd McCloud, Freedomindia, East Malaysia, Koumintang Republic, Zukchiva, Asendavia, VW53Aland, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Ripsylvania, Libertanny, Republic of Berzerkistan, Rainbow Vests, Dragons Blood, Liberstankonia, Tretrid, Axdel, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Raunch, Lantros, Rage Mage, Pastellene, Distro-Spartica, BuciLand, Mays Austrian Nation, A mean old man, Greater New Cassandra, Santa Dystopia, Gyp Land, Lingu, Technocratic Tagalog, Ephem, Modra, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, La xinga, Castle Federation, Aaryavarta Bhoomi, Niveko, and Flying Snow.