The Kingdom of Hikazura
“We're all just living here day by day trying to survive”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Location: The Unknown Abyss
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
The Kingdom of Hikazura is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate population of 407 million Hikians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The medium-sized, liberal government prioritizes Administration, with Education, Healthcare, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 33.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Hikian economy, worth 25.8 trillion Aeros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Tourism, Trout Farming, Retail, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 63,513 Aeros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Travelers are subject to extensive searches if beet stains are visible on their clothing, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, fraternities are notorious for drunken hooliganism, and the government is flooded with compensation requests. Crime is almost non-existent. Hikazura's national animal is the Three headed dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Hikazura, the government is flooded with compensation requests.
- : Hikazura voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Abortion"".
- : Following new legislation in Hikazura, fraternities are notorious for drunken hooliganism.
- : Hikazura's influence in The Unknown Abyss rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Hikazura was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector and Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Hikazura, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.
- : Hikazura voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Hikazura voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Following new legislation in Hikazura, travelers are subject to extensive searches if beet stains are visible on their clothing.
- : Following new legislation in Hikazura, Leader's new door-knocking campaign has the sweet taste of success.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Omnia II.