The Confederacy of Hexyia
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Confederacy of Hexyia is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by Cajun Yankee with a fair hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, daily referendums, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 896 million Hexyians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of jaisay. The average income tax rate is 54.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Hexyian economy, worth 116 trillion coins a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 130,503 coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Diminutive Hexyian generals are feared for their aggressiveness, lawyers spend as much time preparing their make-up as they do their briefs, royalist is the most offensive slur in the Hexyian language, and multiple births are a cause of celebration for tax collectors. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Hexyia's national animal is the river dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Hexyia, multiple births are a cause of celebration for tax collectors.
- : Following new legislation in Hexyia, royalist is the most offensive slur in the Hexyian language.
- : Following new legislation in Hexyia, lawyers spend as much time preparing their make-up as they do their briefs.
- : Hexyia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ending School Segregation".
- : Following new legislation in Hexyia, diminutive Hexyian generals are feared for their aggressiveness.
- : Following new legislation in Hexyia, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Following new legislation in Hexyia, serial commas clarify the relationship between one's lackeys, the taxpayers, and kinsfolk.
- : Following new legislation in Hexyia, brazen mayors claim official expenses to pay for their drug habits.
- : Following new legislation in Hexyia, epileptic patients switch their medications to whichever has a 'buy one get one free' offer.
- : Following new legislation in Hexyia, more than one company makes the board game Monopoly.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Axdel, Liberstankonia, H-Zhena, VW53Aland, Zukchiva, Libertanny, Brotherland, Dragons Blood, Marrabuk, Greater New Cassandra, Asendavia, Bachtendekuppen, Todd McCloud, The Eternal Land of Jong, Kucia, Calbee, Lingu, East Malaysia, Tretrid, The Three States of Fortuna, Rainbow Vests, Sovietsoyuz, Mays Austrian Nation, Raunch, Evrigenis, Servants of Gizmo, Rohanland, BuciLand, ReReReRepublic, A mean old man, Wiranath, Staynes, Santa Dystopia, Cellar Doors, La xinga, Ephem, Modra, Oofery, Pakitsk, Azakhuland, Kavanos, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Castle Federation, and Flying Snow.