The People's Commune of Helvurium
“As long as we breathe we shall fight for the future”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Location: The Social Liberal Union
Regional Influence: Envoy
The People's Commune of Helvurium is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the Politburo with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, state-planned economy, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 12.085 billion Helvurians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Healthcare, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Helvae. The average income tax rate is 84.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Helvurian economy, worth a remarkable 1,124 trillion Tuskmas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is 93,076 Tuskmas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room, people are bored of easy crossword puzzles, banning party poppers has been a real party pooper, and a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park. Crime is totally unknown. Helvurium's national animal is the Helvurian Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Helvurium was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates and the Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Helvurium's influence in The Social Liberal Union fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- : Helvurium was endorsed by The Republic of Taimay.
- : Helvurium was endorsed by The Free Democratic Commonwealth of Astranomia.
- : Helvurium was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Sierra Arali.
- : Helvurium's influence in The Social Liberal Union fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- : Helvurium was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Helvurium lodged a message on the The Social Liberal Union Regional Message Board.
- : Helvurium was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Helvurium was endorsed by The Democratic Federation of Incredibilis.