The Most Serene Republic of Hasselvika
“True peace we prosper”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Location: The Alterran Republic
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
The Most Serene Republic of Hasselvika is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Joren Jarlsberg with a fair hand, and renowned for its hatred of cheese, absence of drug laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.528 billion Hasselvikans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Environment, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Longyearbyen. The average income tax rate is 76.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Hasselvikan economy, worth 350 trillion Hassels a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 53,757 Hassels, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner, kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles, most citizens in Hasselvika are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government, and under love's heavy burden Joren Jarlsberg sinks lower in the political right's esteem. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hasselvika's national animal is the turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hasselvika's influence in The Alterran Republic fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- : Hasselvika's influence in The Alterran Republic fell from "Powerbroker" to "Enforcer".
- : Hasselvika's influence in The Alterran Republic rose from "Dealmaker" to "Powerbroker".
- : Hasselvika lost WA Delegate status in The Alterran Republic.
- : Hasselvika lost the endorsement of The Dainheim of Condain.
- : Hasselvika seized the position of The Alterran Republic WA Delegate from The Dainheim of Condain.
- : Hasselvika was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Hasselvika voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Communist Bloc".
- : Hasselvika voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prohibition Of Honor-Based Violence".
- : Hasselvika was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
Endorsements Received: None.