The Republic of Halexandria
“Where you came from doesn't matter. Where you go does.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Location: Nova Lisseum
Regional Influence: Power
The Republic of Halexandria is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Stevenson with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.53 billion Halexandrians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tybur. The average income tax rate is 64.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Halexandrian economy, worth 148 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 96,842 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Manufacturers of biodegradable plastics have to wait for months to show evidence of organic decomposition, bizarre-looking creatures called 'ravendogs' dominate wildlife preserves, pareidolic SETI scientists swear there's a message from aliens hidden within pi, and proper policy proposals prerequire professional peer-reviewed papers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Halexandria's national animal is the raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Halexandria lodged a message on the Nova Lisseum Regional Message Board.
- : Halexandria withdrew its endorsement from The Worker's Republic of Noreat.
- : Halexandria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Halexandria lost the endorsement of The Worker's Republic of Noreat.
- : Following new legislation in Halexandria, proper policy proposals prerequire professional peer-reviewed papers.
- : Following new legislation in Halexandria, pareidolic SETI scientists swear there's a message from aliens hidden within pi.
- : Halexandria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Halexandria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Halexandria approved the World Assembly proposal "Safety and Integrity in Conflict Journalism".
- : Halexandria's influence in Nova Lisseum rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".