The Oppressed Peoples of Gyp Land
“From One, for the Good of Many”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Oppressed Peoples of Gyp Land is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its ban on automobiles, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical, humorless population of 484 million Gypsies are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Education, with Law & Order, Healthcare, and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Caravan Camp. The average income tax rate is 81.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Gypsy economy, worth 32.0 trillion gold coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming. Average income is 66,169 gold coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There are no more heroes any more, illegal hunting is rife after veganism was recently made compulsory, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Gyp Land after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax, and psychiatrists bizarrely accompany Leader to meetings with foreign heads of state. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gyp Land's national animal is the Black Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gyp Land was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Gyp Land was endorsed by The Federal Republic of BuciLand.
- : Following new legislation in Gyp Land, psychiatrists bizarrely accompany Leader to meetings with foreign heads of state.
- : Following new legislation in Gyp Land, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Gyp Land after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax.
- : Following new legislation in Gyp Land, illegal hunting is rife after veganism was recently made compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Gyp Land, there are no more heroes any more.
- : Following new legislation in Gyp Land, citizens have an obligation to remain silent and anything they say may be used against them.
- : Following new legislation in Gyp Land, calling dibs is an unalienable right.
- : Gyp Land voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
- : Following new legislation in Gyp Land, Gypsy watches are often the only thing to survive a disaster intact.
Endorsements Received: 96 » Brotherland, Liberstankonia, H-Zhena, Evrigenis, Mays Austrian Nation, Staynes, A mean old man, Dragons Blood, Libertanny, Tretrid, Ridann, Republic of Berzerkistan, BTProductions, Zidium, Wiranath, CANZUK 1, Rainbow Vests, Zukchiva, Bysios, VW53Aland, Impia Aghte, ReeK, Aeljae, Pakitsk, Polenishia, East Malaysia, The Earth Systems Alliance, Felsinki, Hertogenbosch, New Leganes, Santa Dystopia, Barfleur, British Calradia, Silere, Teocallintzin, Davedukili, Lanagon, Drunken Seal Islands, Konneticut, Lingu, Monteconstance, Freedomindia, La xinga, Zanottilandia, Konouj, HinduRashtr, Chriona, Janoobi Jazair, Roliganistan, LiberlandA, and 46 others.Dragonia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Arouran, Condo of Grick, Asendavia, Harmonic Yeetlandia, Under Sea Desert, Zulkig, Neue Leipzig, Nevertopia, Technocratic Tagalog, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Blobbo, Generousity, Ephem, Taurora, Vishwa, Kavel, Moewland, Modra, Enlil, Noreds Thereneuthene, The Islamic Republic of Africa, Jyzeria, Oofery, Greater New Cassandra, Azakhuland, Amabilis, Layngderfleethe, Propwash, Chubaka, Bai Lung, Horn of Havenkaap, Kublam, Castle Federation, New Liberitad, Kucia, Hokolokia, Euricanis, ArenaC, Tshana, Karatol-Advenra, Platypus Islands, Axdel, A Slanted Black Stripe, and BuciLand.