The Empire of Guardsman Raven
“Hold the damn Line”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Empire of Guardsman Raven is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Guardsman Raven with an even hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, frequent executions, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed population of 12.283 billion Guardsman Ravenians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 90.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Guardsman Ravenian economy, worth a remarkable 2,071 trillion Ravens a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 168,678 Ravens, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Both criminals and civilians are DOA, the general public only knows their favorite politician's first name, the delay between passed legislation and real world implementation is often a decade or longer, and citizens ask "how many crooks could a nunchuck hook if a nun had nunchucks too?". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Guardsman Raven's national animal is the two-headed Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is HFY.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Guardsman Raven was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Guardsman Raven was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Following new legislation in Guardsman Raven, citizens ask "how many crooks could a nunchuck hook if a nun had nunchucks too?".
- : Following new legislation in Guardsman Raven, the delay between passed legislation and real world implementation is often a decade or longer.
- : Following new legislation in Guardsman Raven, the general public only knows their favorite politician's first name.
- : Following new legislation in Guardsman Raven, both criminals and civilians are DOA.
- : Guardsman Raven was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
- : Guardsman Raven was endorsed by The Himalayan Field Rat Paradise of Gonrati.
- : Guardsman Raven was endorsed by The PRARIE FOR CULTURE of MNA 33rd Infantry Regiment.
- : Following new legislation in Guardsman Raven, international commentators accuse the nation of aggressive cultural imperialism.
Endorsements Received: 98 » Tsunamy, Qvait, Drugged Monkeys, Farengeto, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Belschaft, FreeFishers, Erinor, Curlyhoward, Aidenfieeld, Hanguk-Nippon, Darakin, Volaworand, Sedunn, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, New Briantown, Aumeltopia, Beepee, Rebel-topia, Cuuldere, Direwolf1, Auphelia, Xandev, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, North Catimestistrianes, Changolandia, Amerion, The Solar System Scope, The Filippinas, PenguinPies, Dasko, Aurcania, Maeiland, Mapico, Bear Connors Paradiso, Bleakfoot, Noveos, Bawkie, Kandorith, Terran Draconia, Ebonhand, Baltenlands, West Pastafaria, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Anserisa, Quh, Techganet, Marinho Islands, and 48 others.Dis7Nation, Shefino, Corgitopiaa, Midand, Concrete Slab, Andinla, Laamiva, Royaltica, Merevane, Tepertopia, Phanama, Nowa Europa, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Zataras, House Ahsanul, Alfama, Brunier, Rabbitz, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Apartment 11F, Rotenaplistan, Drystar, The Imperial Frost Federation, Treir, Tioloman, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Linguiniland, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Proctethia, Bichedder, LadyRebels, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Westenhald, The Stickmin Empire, New Belgrade, Gonrati, The United Australian States, and Ipugao.