The Wood Cabin Communities of Groenwald
“Living peaceful in the forest”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Hatchling
The Wood Cabin Communities of Groenwald is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its national health service, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 2.722 billion Groenwaldians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Berkwold. The average income tax rate is 51.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Groenwaldian economy, worth 137 trillion Walders a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Tourism, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 50,590 Walders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Voting is voluntary, judges are rumored to find in favor of whoever bribes them the most, priceless Maxtopian artwork can often be found in executive bathrooms, and hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Groenwald's national animal is the Forest Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Groenwald's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Groenwald was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Groenwald's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Groenwald was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Groenwald ceased to exist in Forest.
- : Groenwald was endorsed by The Not So Holy Purple Land of Pythaga.
- : Groenwald was endorsed by The Planetary Alliance of Jutsa.
- : Groenwald endorsed The Protectorate of BEKM.
- : Following new legislation in Groenwald, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have.
- : Following new legislation in Groenwald, priceless Maxtopian artwork can often be found in executive bathrooms.