The Republic of Grimes
“Twirling Toward Freedom”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Grimes is a huge, safe nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The devout population of 638 million Grimesians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 75.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Grimesian economy, worth 4.12 trillion bitcoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Retail. Average income is 6,456 bitcoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grimes's national animal is the horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Grimes was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Grimes's influence in Suspicious rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Grimes's influence in Suspicious rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Grimes's influence in Suspicious rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Grimes's influence in Suspicious rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Grimes's influence in Suspicious rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Grimes relocated from International Northwestern Union to Suspicious.
- : Grimes resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Grimes's influence in International Northwestern Union rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Grimes endorsed The Can't Stop of The Kock.