The Borderlands of Greyveldt
“We're all guilty of something.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Borderlands of Greyveldt is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its national health service, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 3.492 billion Greyveldts have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jahenti. The average income tax rate is 93.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Greyveldtian economy, worth 354 trillion florins a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 101,437 florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Most citizens in Greyveldt are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals, and shopping comes bagged and tagged. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Greyveldt's national animal is the pangolin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Wheaton's Law.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greyveldt was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Greyveldt was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Greyveldt was endorsed by The Republic of New Ladavia.
- : Following new legislation in Greyveldt, shopping comes bagged and tagged.
- : Following new legislation in Greyveldt, abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals.
- : Following new legislation in Greyveldt, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws.
- : Greyveldt was endorsed by The Not So Holy Purple Land of Pythaga.
- : Greyveldt was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Greyveldt, most citizens in Greyveldt are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Greyveldt, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Canaltia, Turbeaux, Ransium, Ruinenlust, Novian Republics, Artemis, Feladria, Hyon Delta, Eryndlynd, Edible Plywood, Reannia, Cat-Herders United, Bregaria, Lura, Verdant Haven, Love and Nature, Ziotah and Riverside, Candlewhisper Archive, Kinectia, Dwardossa, Forgotten Beauty, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Ironic Remarks, Entitize, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Crowacia, Ordand, Palos Heights, Caterasia, Cheloboria, Appendia, Anachronolandia, Blon Gre, The Void Territories, Kawastyselir, Effazio, Pen Blanityion, Chilledsville, Atsvea, Talgarth, Jutsa, Pythaga, and New Ladavia.