The Confederacy of Greslon
“In Freedom and Solidarity”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Confederacy of Greslon is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 240 million Greslonians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 73.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Greslonian economy, worth 16.9 trillion Revocs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Information Technology. Average income is 70,579 Revocs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums, a blood-red mark on the doorframe means a building must be passed over for destruction, a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park, and advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Greslon's national animal is the raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Greslon, advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines.
- : Greslon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Following new legislation in Greslon, a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park.
- : Following new legislation in Greslon, a blood-red mark on the doorframe means a building must be passed over for destruction.
- : Following new legislation in Greslon, polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums.
- : Following new legislation in Greslon, murderers with law degrees can be seen swinging the gavel in courts.
- : Greslon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Following new legislation in Greslon, it is impossible to get any work done as auditors swarm every inch of government factories and mines.
- : Greslon endorsed The High Court Justice of Ebonhand.
- : Following new legislation in Greslon, dynamite sales and concert audiences are booming.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Tepertopia, Holota, Marinho Islands, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Corgitopiaa, Qvait, Beepee, Aidenfieeld, Blondiesland, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Farengeto, Concrete Slab, Conexia, Land Without Shrimp, Bawkie, Bleakfoot, Sandaoguo, Treir, Nowa Europa, Crystal Creation, Purple Hyacinth, Amerion, Tsunamy, Belschaft, Canmore, Wehraboos, Bichedder, Scu Greinne, PenguinPies, Linguiniland, Eskvenn, Erinor, Aumeltopia, Rebel-topia, Holy Free, Yeses, NIGHTRAY, Enplatia, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, Jehenna, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Dai Han, LadyRebels, Ipugao, and Ebonhand.